Boost Your Search Results with SEO!
Many of us might be familiar with SEO services as a much heard acronym, as a buzz word or as a skill in demand. With a little knowledge more than its full form which is Search Engine Optimization.
So what is this SEO or Search Engine Optimization? In layman term it is a technique, a methodology, a science as well as an art which enables an online vendor/website or link to naturally rank higher on the Search Engine Result Page (SERP).
For example, if you were a bakery in Fort Lauderdale and you want your target audience to land on your website when they are searching for bakery. Now for your website to be automatically and organically (which is without paying an extra cost on advertisement) be able to appear on the first page of say Google, you need to have a sound SEO in place. So, in other words the efforts towards increasing your organic ranking on a search engine’s result page is SEO.
Now, you may ask what can Corporate Cosmo do to improve their client’s website ranking on search result page? Well, to start, we have an understand the nature of the search engine. Here’s how it works. The visitor goes to Google and types a set of words, known as key words or queries. Google then crawls the results in its search engine and shows up the result which is most relevant to the visitor’s query. Here, Google will give you a higher ranking than the other websites or links only when the content has Relevance, i.e., degree to which the document content matches the search query and Importance, which is, relative importance measured via citation or Citation analysis. So, search engine using relevance and importance scores does an exhaustive semantic analysis, therefore we help our client’s create good content.
By good content we mean – the content should be unique, without any duplication, should have the target keywords, and have links from other sites which direct to this page increasing your trustworthiness.
To start with SEO services, Corporate Cosmo begins with a keyword search and keyword analysis.
This can be done by the following methods:
- Brainstorming on the words or phrases which your target audience may type while searching for the kind of service you provide. So, starting from – digital marketing to long tail phrases such as – best digital marketing training institute in Boston.
- Related words for those keywords
- Searching on your industry blogs to find keywords being targeted
- Using tools such as: Google Keyword Planner, Word tracker tool, Keyword discovery tool
- LSI Keyword search: Few keyword tools give you a suggestion for Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI). This would help to achieve higher results by appearing relevant without over using the keyword that you would like to rank for. For example: using LSI, search engine would recognize that trips to the zoo often include viewing wildlife as a part of the tour.
- Analyze the keywords being used by your competitors using Keyword Density Analysis. This would let you know the keywords that your competition is focusing more on
Once the keywords are in place the idea is not to bombard or stuff the content with keywords but to have a defined theme for each piece of content. It is also to be noted that at the back of the search engines the complex algorithms are scrutinizing your content and thus things like Keyword Cannibalization (excessive use of the same keyword on too many webpages) or Canonicalization (submitting duplicate content) should avoided.
Corporate Cosmo SEO activities can be majorly divided into the following:-
Now, let us look into each of them in detail.
On-Page SEO: As the name suggests these are the activities performed on the website.
- Content modification: Submitting relevant content using the most appropriate keywords drawing both quality site traffic & the search engine spiders that will rank your pages higher.
- Meta tag analysis: Meta tag is a special HTML tag that provides information about a Web page. Unlike normal HTML tags, meta tags do not affect how the page is displayed. Instead, they provide information such as who created the page, how often it is updated, what the page is about, and which keywords represent the page’s content. Use of proper meta tags can help increase a sites ranking.
- Navigation analysis: A website typically consists of many navigation paths and hierarchies starting from the website homepage. It studies the customer’s navigation path to determine their interest in a particular content. Starting from the time they spent and the activities performed. Navigation analysis thus helps in understanding the conversion from visitors to buyers and how you can improve upon your site navigation.
- Checking on dead links: Dead links or broken links harm your site rankings and user experience. Thus, such link rot scenarios should be checked.
- Site Taxonomy: Taxonomy is a way to add additional layers of structured information on your website. Well-designed taxonomies increase page views and lead to better search rankings.
Off-Page SEO: The activities which are performed offline to increase a website’s ranking and credibility.
- Link Building: Link building is the practice of actively marketing your site with the intent to obtain links from other sites. Links remain the single largest factor in determining search rankings. Links also have a multidimensional impact. For example, the strength of a site’s inbound links determines how frequently and how deeply that site is crawled. Links convey relevance, authority and trust.
- Directory/Article/PR Submission: These are proven to be a wonderful method for gaining quality incoming back links. Higher the quality of incoming links better shall be your online ranking and visibility.
- Use of social media: An increasing weight of ranking today comes from the social media. Search engines feel that the social cues are harder to spam and thus very valuable. Use of social media such as creating Facebook communities, submitting video feeds, creating a big list of followers on Twitter can help generate positive social signals that would help increase your website’s rankings.
Lastly, we would like to touch upon that the SEO practices are of two kinds. White Hat SEO and Black Hat/Grey Hat SEO. While White Hat is the ethical SEO practice which does not attempt to game the SERP; Black Hat/Grey Hat SEO is an unethical and manipulative way to get backlinks.
Using Black Hat techniques the website may be penalized or even removed from the search index. Thus, such kind of mal-practices should be avoided.
With search progressing at a faster pace keeping up with the changes in the SEO environment, the competitive environment and emerging technologies Corporate Cosmo has an competitive edge in SEO.
The success of a page should be measured by one criteria: Does the visitor do what you want them to do?” – Aaron Wall – SEObook.com